Families are the cornerstone of Head Start. We believe that parents are the first and best teachers of their children. Families have much to contribute to the program including their cultural heritage, family values and experiences. We encourage parents to be involved in all aspects of the program and their child’s education. The more involved parents are, the more their child will achieve. Teachers partner with parents to ensure their children get the best pre-school education possible!
Family members have many opportunities to participate in the program. They can:
- Volunteer in the classroom (See Volunteer Information)
- Attend Parent Connections in the evenings. This is an event for parents and children with fun activities and community resources. They occur on different days throughout the year.
- Share ideas about learning that can be used in the classroom and on home visits.
- Participate in Policy Council which meets monthly. Members are all Head Start parents. They work with administrative staff to make decisions about the program.
- Donate items that can be used by the program.